KC-97L Stratotanker -Jet Boosted Tanker & A-10A Thunderbolt
Deze set bestaat uit 2 vliegtuig modellen.
This is a 1/72 Scale KC-97L Jet Boosted Tanker Plastic Model Kit from Academy Hobby Models. The KC-97G, because of its large airframe, made an excellent in-flight tanker. However, as a new series of jet fighters began emerging into service with much faster speeds, the KC-97G was no longer able to perform refueling procedures. Some maintenance officers at the 126th air refueling squadron proposed to fit the KC-97G with GE J-47 jet engines to add to their propulsion power, which proved to be an excellent recommendation. The US Air Force decided to refit all KC-97G in use with these jet engines and renamed them "KC-97L". FEATURES: Plastic pieces are molded in gray and attached to sprue trees. Clear pieces for canopy included. Detailed cockpit. Recessed panel lines give authentic look. Realistic engines. Detailed landing gear. Scaled from original Boeing blueprints. Detailed pictorial instructions.
Zes uitvoeringen mogelijk;
- Ohio Air national Guard, 145th ARS, 160th Air Refueling Group, seen at Rhine-Main, West-Germany, 1974.
- Illinois Air National Guard, 108th ARS, 160th Air Refueling Group, seen at Rhine-Main, West Germany, 1974.
- Wisconsin Air National Guard, 126th ARS, 128th Air Refueling Group, 1976.
- Arizona Air national Guard, 197th ARS, 161st Air Refueling Group.
- Texas Air National Guard, 181st ARS, 136th Refueling Group.
- Esquadron 123, Spanish Air Force, Torrejon Air Force Base , Spain, 1974.
Eén uitvoering mogelijk;
- USAF Europe.