The Phantom was one of the most powerful and versatile aircraft of the nineteen seventies and eighties. It was in service in eleven countries including 5 NATO states. The German air force flew 273 of these "Hot ovens", out of a total build of 5,000.
The prototype of this fighter interceptor flew for the first time in 1958. Derived from the RF-4C, the RF-4E version went into service with the German air force in 1971. It was then the most powerful tactical reconnaissance plane of the western world.The 88 reconnaissance planes in the Federal German air force were stationed at Leck (AG-52) and Bremgarten (AG-51). The AG-52 from Leck attended the NATO Tigermeet in 1984 in this particularly striking special livery.
Eén uitvoering mogelijk;
- Aufkläungsgeschwader 52, August 1984.
Aantal onderdelen: 125.
- Lengte 265 mm
- Spanwijdte 163 mm