In 1940 when Italy declared war on England, the Italian armed forces in Libya represented a direct threat to the British in Egypt. The British armed forces were aware of this threat and therefore formed motorized scouting patrols. In May 1942 the L.R.D.G. (Long Range Desert Group), in addition to the standard Jeep, took delivery of 30cwt heavy Chevrolets. Their mission was to reconnoitre enemy movements of troops and equipment and to carry out guerilla-type raids behind enemy lines.
Twee uitvoeringen mogelijk;
- 4th Vehicle of "R" (New Zealand) Patrol Long Range Desert Group, "B" Troop 1942.
- 6th Vehicle of "T" ( New Zealand) Patrol Long Range Desert Group, "C" Troop 1942.
Aantal onderdelen; 142.
afmeting: Chevrolet Lengte. 73 mm.
afmeting: Jeep Lengte. 43 mm.
- Diorama plate with a ruined house, debris and tyre tracks
- 2 vehicles (Jeep & 30 cwt Chevrolet)
- 2 driver figures
- Numerous accessories in the back of the truck
- ex Matchbox
Revell verf: 5 8 16 88