Dra.1629 1/16 Warriors Serries
Feldwebel 352nd Volksgrenadiers Division
Eén uitvoering mogelijk;
- FELDWEBEL 352nd VOLKSGRENADIER DIVISION.
352 Division was part of Army Group B, 7th army, LXXXIV Corps (General der Artillerie Erich Marcks--KIA 12 June, 1944). It was formed November 5, 1943 from the remnants of two mauled Eastern-front Divisions, 268th and 321st.
“On D-Day, they were entrenched in eight well-constructed concrete bunkers with guns of 75mm or higher; 35 pillboxes with various types of artillery and/or automatic weapons; 35 rocket-launching sites; and 85 machine-gun nests.”1.
On 1 April 1944, present were 494 men more than authorized and all authorized weapons. Divisional soldiers worked 9 hours on fortifications on the Atlantic Wall each day, while training for only 3 hours. Shortages of ammo and fuel adversely affected training before D-Day.
The presence of the 352nd defending the landing beaches was not discovered prior to the landing on D-Day. In a failure of Allied intelligence-gathering, it was still assumed to be deployed near St.-Lô.
Casualties from 6-24 June were 5,407 officers and men. By 11 July, the Division lost 2,479 more. By 30 July, the Division was rated as no longer combat capable, and was withdrawn for refitting.
The Division was merged with 581. Volksgrenadier-Division on 21 September 1944 to form the 352. Volksgrenadier-Division.