Moon landing serie "40 Years 20-07-1969"
"That's one little step for a man, one giant leap for mankind"
"Houston, here is Tranquillity Base. The Eagle has landed". With these words the world heard that man had finally reached the moon. The Apollo 11 lunar module "Eagle" landed on 20th July 1969 (5 days after launch from the earth) and was the first habitation on the moon. 5½ hours later Neil Armstrong, climbed down the ladder and was the first man to walk on the moon. For 2½ hours the astronauts Armstrong and Aldrin remained outside with their life support systems. They collected surface samples, set up scientific instruments and described their experience of movement (1/6 of earth gravity). On completion of their mission the astronauts took off in the top stage of the lunar module, went back into orbit and docked with the Apollo capsule in order to start their return to earth.
Twee uitvoeringen mogelijk;
- Apollo "Columbia" & "Eagle".
Afmeting: Lengte; 180 mm.
Aantal onderdelen; 60.
- Apollo Lunar Module "Eagle"
- 4 veschillende Revell verf.
- Lunar module "Eagle" consisting of the landing unit and the take-off module (top stage)
- embossed features on take-off module with astronaut
- control nozzles, antennae
- gold foil for coating the landing stage
- retractable landing frame
- gangway and ladder
- astronaut figure with kit
- embossed features on lunar display board
- US flag and decals for lunar module