~~100% NEW MOULDS
FINELY ENGRAVED RECESSED PANEL LINES AND RIVETS - FULLY DETAILED ENGINE , COCKPIT , AND AVIONICS BAY - GUN BAY WITH FULLY DETAILED M61 GUN - OPEN OR CLOSED AIR BRAKES - PHOTOETCHED FRET - 316 PARTS - 2 HUGE DECALS SHEETS FOR 10 VERSIONS - INSTUCTIONS SHEET WITH COLOR PROFILES (10x4 plates) - (PRM) PHOTOGRAFIC REFERENCE MANUAL
The supersonic interceptor aircraft F-104 Starfighter was, without doubts, one of the most famous, and long-lasting, aircraft in History. The F-104 entered in service in the late ‘50s and served with USAF for a long time. Later on, it has formed the fighter squadrons of several NATO air forces for more than 40 years. The “Starfighter” was based and developed on an original and unique concept for its time : innovative shape of the plane extremely thin, small, straight mid-mounted, trapezoidal wings, the stabiliator mounted atop the fin, a powerful and reliable General Electric J-79 turbojet engine able to guarantee outstanding supersonic performances. The F-104G, manufactured under license in several NATO countries, has been built in a huge number of units and used, thanks to its increased flight range and load capacity, as multi-role fighter-bomber. The F-104S, upgraded in technological features and weapons system, has equipped the Italian Air Force fighter squadrons until the mid-2000s, replaced with the Eurofighter Typhoon, showing an impressive operational life.
Twaalf verschillende uitvoeringen mogelijk;
- Italian Air Force F-104 G, 28 Gruppo CBRO, 3 Stormo, Villafranca (Verona) Air Base, 16-7-1984. Pilot Major Maurizio Folchi.
- Italian Air Force F-104 G, 28 Gruppo CBRO, 3 Stormo, Villafranca (Verona) Air Base, 1987/1990. Pilot Major Roberto Sardo.
- Italian Air Force F-104 G, 154 Gruppo CB, 6 Stormo, Ghedi (Brescia) Air Base, 8-9-1971. Pilot Captain Alberto Bosi.
- Marinefliger F-104 G, Marinefliger Geschwade 2, Eggbeck Air Base, 1973.
- Royal Canadian Air Force CF-104 G (CL-90), 417th Squadron, Cold Lake (Alberta) Air Base, 1962.
- Polemiki Aeroporia-Hellenic Air Force F-104 G, 335 Mira, Araxos Air Base, 1970.
- Koniklijke Luchtmacht Klu F-104 G, 332nd Squadron, Leeuwarden Air Base, 1963/1669 & 1970/1984.
- Belgian Air Force F-104 G, 349th Squadron, Beauvechian Air Base, 1965.
- Italian Air Force F-104 S-CB, 155 Gruppo CBO, 51 Stormo, Istrana Air Base, 28-9-1980. Pilot Captain Francesco Pagliarusco.
- Italian Air Force F-104 S-ASA, IX Gruppo CIO, 4 Stormo, Grosseto Air Base, 1998. Pilot Lt.Colonel Roberto Ripamonti.
- Lang; 521 mm.
Aantal onderdelen; 310
Model Master verf kleur nr.'s; 4201 / 4314 / 4390 / 4606 / 4669 / 4675 / 4677 / 4678 / 4679 / 4681 / 4696 / 4720 / 4721 / 4726 / 4728 / 4763 / 4768.