'' G-George '' flew 90 Combat missions over occupied Europe with No.460SQ (RAAF) and is second most prolific surviving Lancaster,behind R5868 '' S for Sugar '' No. 83SQ RAF/No.463SQ RAAF/No.467SQ RAAF (137 sorties). most operational Lancasters were shot down before they reached 20 sorties: of the 107.085 sorties by Lancasters despatched in bombing raids on Germany 2887 aircraft are missing. G-George has the added distinction of bringing home, alive ,every crewman who fly aboard it
Twee uitvoeringen mogelijk;
- 'G' for George,nr.420 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force.
- nr.419 Squadron, Royal Canadian Air Force, Middleton-St-George,UK 1945
- lengte 293mm
- Spanwijdte 430mm.
Humbrol verf nr: (MM=Modelmaster / REV=Revell)
- 11 Metallic Silver MM1540 / REV90
- 24 Matt Yellow MM1569
- 29 Matt Dark Earth / REV87
- 30 Matt Dark Green
- 33 Matt Black MM1749 / REV 8
- 61 Matt Flesh MM1516 / REV35
- 96 Matt RAF Bleu