Vought F4U-1A CORSAIR
The Corsair is considered to have been one of the U.S. Navy's best World War 2 fighter aircraft. It was feared by its Japanese opponents who nicknamed it Whistling Death . Corsairs fought in the Pacific theatre from 1943 to 1945, scoring record-breaking successes. The Corsairs combined fire-power consisted of six 12.7 mm Browning machine guns.
Twee uitvoeringen mogelijk;
- Vought F4U-1A CORSAIR - VMF-214 Squadron, U.S.Marine Corps, Vella Lavella, Solomon Islands, December 1943. "Pappy Boyington"
- Vought F4U-1A CORSAIR - VF-17 Squadron, U.S.Marine Corps, Bougainville, Solomon Islands, February 1944.
- Lang; 148 mm.
- Spanwijdte; 173 mm
Aantal onderdelen; 63
- New mould
- Structured surfaces with recessed panel joints
- Detailed R2800 radial engine
- Cooling valve manifold selectively open or closed
- Detailed cockpit with instrument panel
- 2 Auxiliary fuel tanks
- Movable propeller
- Detailed landing gear
Revell verf kleur nr.'s; 5 / 9 / 15 / 46 / 55 / 56 / 66 / 75 / 77 / 83 / 84 / 91 / 99 / 302 / 330/ 360.