The USS Intrepid (CV-11) went into service on 16th August 1943 as the third of the Essex Class aircraft carriers. With a maximum crew of 3,450, the Intrepid took part in many operations in the war against Japan. In the Pacific she was the US aircraft carrier to score the most hits in combat. Then NASA used the Intrepid as the main recovery ship in the Mercury and Gemini programme. After service in the Vietnam War, the carrier was finally laid up in the spring of 1974. Since 1982 she has lain at anchor off New York as a museum ship and today houses the Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum.
- Textured flight deck
- Superstructures with radar equipment
- 2 different types of aircraft
- 4 propellers
- Shipboard cannon and anti-aircraft guns
- Decals with markings for flight deck and aircraft:
- Aircraft Carrier USS Intrepid, CV-11, US-Navy, October 1944
Eén uitvoering mogelijk;
- Aircraft Carrier USS Intrepid, CV-11, US Navy, October 1944.
- Lang; 369 mm.
Aantal onderdelen; 110.
Revell kleuren; 9 / 56 / 57 / 301 / 350 / 374.