1/35 Sd.Kfz.234/2 "Puma"
The Puma is the third plastic kit release from Dragon on the Sd.Kfz.234 vehicle! The high level of detail in this kit includes a movable gun assembly with a complex breech that can be modeled in either firing or loading position. The Daimler Benz AG manufactured turret is accurately shaped and includes realistic weld seams. Even the smoke grenades are offered as separate parts! Slide mold technology ensures that detail on this 8x8 vehicle is maximized. Check out the features below.
Turret & Gun
- One-piece turret housing with accurate weld pattern
- New tooling of mantlet with accurate cast pattern
- Hatches can be assembled in open/close positions
- Commander's and loader's hatches with interior detail
- Gun assembly is movable
- Detailed 5cm gun assembly
- Accurately detailed muzzle brake recreated with multiple slide-molded parts
- One-piece barrel
- Gun breech can be modeled in loading or firing positions
- Turret periscope made from clear parts
- Multi-part smoke grenade launchers finely modeled
- Lifting hooks delicately reproduced
- Upper hull recreated in great detail
- Slide-molded early type side fenders
- Side fender tool box can be assembled open/closed
- Engine deck ventilatin louvers with open/closed option
- Radio mounts recreated in fine detail
- Rear vision ports can be assembled open/closed
- Driver's vision ports can be assembled open/closed
- Transparent parts for driver's vision port give great interior detail
- Newly tooled cleaning rod and bracket
- Newly tooled fender-mounted ammo box with photo-etched brackets
- New toolbox mounted on fender
- On-vehicle tools in great detail
- Additional on-vehicle tools without clasps
- Delicate star antenna made from photo-etched part
- Extendable jack made from separate parts
Lower Hull & Wheels
- Three-direction slide-molded hull bottom provides superb detail
- One-piece chassis frame is slide-molded to give finer detail
- Wheel hubs are finely detailed
- Accurate pattern wheels made from multiple parts for maximum detail
- Detailed spare tire mounting frame
- Authentic multi-part muffler
Others & Bonus
- Delicate width indicator poles with optional metal ones
- Photo-etched parts for lifting hooks, bumper details, starter cover and convoy light cover
- Authentic jerry cans with photo-etched parts
- New Cartograf decal offers different markings
About this Kit:
There were four vehicles in Germany`s Sd.Kfz.234 series, the most famous of which was probably the 234/2, commonly referred to as the Puma. This vehicle met the criteria for an armored reconnaissance vehicle suitable for roving over underdeveloped regions, with the prototype being ready by December 1941. The first batch of vehicles was delivered in December 1943, and by the time production ceased in September 1944, a total of 101 vehicles had been produced.
Drie uitvoeringen mogelijk;
- Unidentified Unit, France 1944.
- 2.Pz.Div., France 1944.
- Pz.Lehr Div., Normandy 1944.
Aantal onderdelen; 500.