The US Navy's fast and robust Torpedo Boats achieved great successes, especially in the Pacific theatre of war. On 5th November 1943, PT167 was under way with a convoy from Cape Torokina towards the Treasury Islands. A sudden attack by 12 Japanese Torpedo Bombers was followed by vehement defensive action. After a low flying bomber had hit the radio mast on PT167, the boat received another heavy hit but no explosion followed. During a succeeding attack by another bomber squadron the gunners on PT167 shot down an enemy aircraft. During an inspection of the boat after the battle a huge hole was discovered in the bow. An enemy torpedo had penetrated the bow above the waterline without exploding.
Twee uitvoeringen mogelijk:
- PT 167, Commander Th. Berlin, Nov. 1943, Cape Torokina, Pacific Ocean
- PT 109, Commander Lt. John F. Kennedy, 1943
Aantal onderdelen; 82
- Lang; 334 mm.
- Revell Historical Model Construction Kit
- One-Piece Hull
- Textured Deck
- Detailed Superstructure and Bridge
- Separate Drive Shafts and Propellers
- 2 Twin Machine Guns
- One Oerlikon Gun and Mount
- Crew Figures
- 4 Torpedoes
- Display Stands
Revell verf kleur nr.'s; 5 / 9/ / 36 / 69 / 83 / 88.