VW GOLF 1 GTI
At the IAA 1975 Volkswagen presented a vehicle that was initially developed without the knowledge of the board of directors. This sporty offshoot of the Golf 1 offered properties which characterise a true sports car - a low curb weight combined with a powerful engine. Available from 1976 onwards, the outrageously fast GTI revolutionised the motoring world. There was now an affordable sports car that could easily compete with expensive competition available to everyone and suitable for daily use. The sports car sector was completely democratised by the 110 bhp GTI. Wheel arch extensions, wider wheels, the large front spoiler and a red border around the front grill characterised this compact sports car which accelerated from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 9.2 seconds. It very quickly became iconic.
- Lang; 154 mm.
Aantal onderdelen; 121
- Faithfully reproduced bodywork with typical wheel arch flares
- Separate, opening bonnet
- Multi-part, fully detailed four-cylinder engine
- Separate exhaust system
- Detailed interior with dash-board, front seats and rear bench seat
- Typical steering wheel
- Faithfully reproduced dash-board for left or right hand drive versions
- Rotating wheels
- Generously dimensioned front spoiler
- Imitation rubber tyres
Revell verf kleur nr.'s; 2 / 7 / 9 / 78 / 90 / 91 / 94 / 99 / 301 / 302 / 330 / 378 / 730 / 731.