The VW Type 1 developed by Ferdinand Porsche, also known as the Beetle, was first mass produced at the end of 1945. Although its essential design features were retained, Volkswagen continually made improvements to the Beetle. Performance was improved, mainly by means of an increase in capacity. So from the late summer of 1966 a 1500 cc version went on the market offering 44 hp, which represented a 10% increase over its predecessor. Improvements were also made to the bodywork, in particular the attractive vertical headlamps of the 1500. The 1970 convertible also had an upholstered dashboard, larger Europa bumpers and reached a top speed of 125 km/h.
- True-to-original bodywork with fine surface features
- Separate movable bonnet
- Multi-part, detailed four cylinder engine
- Separate exhaust assembly
- Detailed interior with dashboard, seats and rear bench seat
- CAN BE BUILT OPTIONALLY AS LEFT OR RIGHT HAND DRIVE
- Movable wheels
- Can be built optionally with roof open or closed
- Various chrome parts, including bumper bars, wheel rims, door handles and wingmirrors
- Imitation rubber tyres
- Instructions and authentic decals with various registration marks
- Lang; 184 mm.
Aantal onderdelen; 122.
Revell kleuren; 9 / 34 / 91 / 99 / 302 / 378 / 730 / 731.