German 75mm Infantry Gun with Wehrmacht Crew
The 7.5 cm Infanteriegeschütz 37 (7.5 cm IG 37) was an infantry support gun, used by Germany, during world War II. The guns were originally designated 7.5 cm PaK 37. The IG 37s were manufactured, beginning in late 1944, from carriages of 3.7cm PaK 35/36s (and the nearly identical Soviet 3.7cm PaK 158(r) and a barrel designed originally for the IG 42 infantry support gun. As an anti-tank weapon it used a hollow charge shell with 0.5 kg of explosives to penetrate up to 85 mm with a v0 of 395 m/s. The first 84 guns were delivered in June 1944. By the end of the war 1,304 guns were operational.
- 2 Wehrmacht soldaten
- 75mm Infantry Gun
- kaarten set voor war game spel