Sd.Kfz.250/8 with 7,5cm K.51 L/24 Gun
Although it didn’t appear in the same numbers as the more common Sd.Kfz. 251, the Sd.Kfz. 250 halftrack played a vital part in the German WWII war effort. Similar in appearance to its larger stable mate, the Sd.Kfz. 250 was based on the chassis of the Sd.Kfz. 10 prime mover. Although the design was accepted in 1939, delays meant it didn’t go into production until June 1941. The armored body of this halftrack was complex, so a version with a simplified body went into production in October 1943 as the neue art (“new version”). It is this “Neu” version that is represented in Dragon’s latest 1/35 scale kit.
This new Premium Edition kit features an Sd.Kfz. 250/8 Neu. It is based on Dragon’s latest Sd.Kfz. 250/1 that sported a number of completely new and upgraded components. The 250/8 was a support version featuring a 7.5cm gun that was issued to reconnaissance companies. The kit portrays the 7.5cm K.51 L/24 gun, which was the final version of the weapon installed on a unified mount in this halftrack. The gun is represented in amazing detail from the rifled barrel to the basket for spent ammo casings. To further improve the kit, the side armor is thinly made to accurately portray the true thickness of the armor plates. As a Premium Edition item, this Sd.Kfz. 250/8 is highly detailed and easy to assemble. For modelers who like German halftracks, this up-to-date example will provide a powerful punch!
Vier uitvoeringen mogelijk;
- 5th SS Pz.Div. "Wiking", Kovel 1945.
- Unidentified Unit, Eastern Front 1944.
- Pz.Gren.Rgt.304, 2.Pz.Div., Germany 1945.
- Unidentified Unit, Germany 1945.
Aantal onderdelen; 440.
- Highly detailed 7.5cm K.51 L/24 gun
- Side armor designed to scale thickness
- Gun sleeve reproduced with fine detail
- Rifling inside gun barrel finely reproduced
- Correct basket for spent ammo rounds
- 7.92mm MG42 made to Gen2 standard included
- MG34 included as option
- Slide molded gun-sight periscope made from clear part
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull
- Suspension system for Sd.Kfz.250
- Highly detailed sprocket mounts are separate parts
- Multi-part assembly for sprocket allows higher levels of detail
- Road wheels have precise detail
- Magic Tracks for ease of assembly
- Two types of front wheels included as options
- Front wheels with multi-part assembly provides greater detail
- Storage-box doors can be assembled open/closed
- Weld seams authentically reproduced.
- New Cartograf decal included