German Submarine Wilhelm Bauer
With the Type XXI, Germany had the World most modern submarines at this time. The "Wilhelm Bauer" had been taken into service in February 1945 as Type XXI (U 2540) and assigned to the 31 U-Flottille. The training period of the crew having been stopped by lack of fuel short of the end of WW2, the U-Boot had been scuttled by its crew on May 4 in the Flensburger Förde. As the new Bundesmarine wanted to use all the still high tech details of the boat, it was decided in 1957 to raise the wreck, and have it refurbished to use for technical trials. It was fitted with the diesel-electric propulsion designed for the future Class 201 which was under project, and it received a newly shaped tower. It was then taken into service in 1960, under a new name, "Wilhelm Bauer" (Class 241). Paid off in 1968, it was reused once again in 1970 for trials in view of the future Class 206. Damaged in a collision with a destroyer, "Wilhelm Bauer" was paid off for ever in 1982 and modified to become a museum submarine.
- Lang 531mm
- Super detailed surfaces
- Detailed deck
- Reproduction of the diving scuttles
- Mobile fore diving plane
- Two detailed propellers
- Mobile aft diving plane and main rudder
- Detail tower, with radar mast, periscope and snorkel mast
- display stand
Revell verf kleur nr.'s; 6 / 25 / 57 / 79 / 99.