Heinkel He177 A-5 & Fritz X
The He 177 represented a revolutionary construction and was the only Luftwaffe four-engined bomber.
It came into service in 1942. The He 177 was powered by two Daimler-Benz DB 601 engines coupled together and driving, via a differential gear system, a single propeller on a joint shaft. Overheating continually caused flame-outs in the engines and quickly gained the He 177 the nickname "German Fire Brand".
Later the He 177 would be used primarily for the operational glide bombs. The Henschel HS 293A was the most successful guided missile used in the Second World War. It had a capacity of 590 kp thrust, a top speed of 700 km/h and an explosive charge of 3325 to 500 kg. To reinforce the defence weaponry of the He 177 the A-6 series was planned which would have a quadruple gun mount in the tail turret.
In 1943 to test these attachments six of the available He 177s were equipped with an experimental electro-hydraulic tail gun mount (4 x calibre 13 mm MG 131). Despite all its problems the He 177, due to its capability, was a very popular aircraft with the crews.
Twee uitvoeringen mogelijk;
Heinkel He177 A-5 - Luftwaffe, 4./KG100, Chateaudun 1944.
Heinkel He177 A-5 - Luftwaffe, 2./KG40 Bordeaux-Merignac, end 1944.
Aantal onderdelen: 234.
- Lengte 303 mm
- Spanwijdte 432 mm.
Released by Revell in 2000