The Aviation Archive
A detailed DIE-CAST model for the adult collector
Corgi's 1:72 scale Eurofighter series includes the single-seat F.2 and the two-seat T.1 trainer. Large canopies in both the single and two-seat versions provide easy viewing of crew figures and cockpit interior. The speed brake is easily configured for display in the deployed position and securely locks in place. A notable feature of this delta wing model is the replication of canards that rotate in unison located ahead of the contoured main wing. This model is constructed using only the minimal amount of plastic and feels surprisingly heavy. The engine intakes are beautifully reproduced to highlight its anti-radar signature design with engine afterburner detail present inside the exhaust nozzles.
The Corgi "Aviation Archive" range presents highly-detailed, ready-made diecast models of military and civilian aircraft. The vast Aviation Archive range has become the standard by which all other diecast airplane ranges are judged. Each Corgi model is based on a specific aircraft from an important historical or modern era of flight, and has been authentically detailed from original documents and archival library material. Famous airplanes and aviators from both military and commercial airline aviation are all honored.
- Eurofighter Typhoon F.2 - ZH558, DA2 Test Aircraft, "Black" Scheme, RAF Leuchars, 1998.
Corgi "Aviation Archive" diecast airplanes feature:
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear with rotating wheels.
- Poseable presention stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Many limited editions with numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Detailed, hand-painted pilot and crew member figures.
- Authentic detachable ordnance loads complete with placards.
- Selected interchangeable features such as speed-brakes, opened canopies and access panels.
- Selected moving parts such as gun turrets, control surfaces and swing-wings.
Die-Cast Display Model
Premium Quality Product