The 250 GTO, that is still regarded as one of the finest of all Ferraris, was designed with the primary aim of suitability for private use, but at the same time for winning races in the three-litre class. The Gran Turismo body shape was aerodynamically optimised and resulted in a perfect combination of suitability for purpose and beauty. The front of the 250 GTO was particularly attractive due to the three cooling vents for the 2953 cc engine. The 250 stood for the capacity of one of the 12 engine cylinders, the O for omologato (= type approved), the FIA approval for races in the GT class. The GTO was shown for the first time in 1962. Thanks to its 300 hp engine and good aerodynamics it achieved a speed of about 280 km/h with acceleration from 0 to 100 in just 5.6 seconds. For three whole years (1962, 1963 and 1964) the GTO dominated its racing class in inimitable style.
Aantal onderdelen; 202.
Lang; 180 mm.
- True-to-original representation of bodywork with fine surface details and authentic flared wheel arches
- Separate movable bonnet, doors and boot lid
- Once-piece frame
- Very detailed, multi-part 12-cylinder engine
- Detailed front wheel suspension with screws and springs
- Detailed interior with authentic dashboard and textured seats
- Separate exhaust assemblies (for road and race versions)
- Rotating wheels
- Various chrome parts, including wheels rims, front air intake, exhaust pipes, quick-acting locks
- Extensive decals and detailed painting instructions for one road and two racing versions
Revell verf kleur nr.'s; 9 / 34 / 78 / 90 / 99 / 302 / 378 / 730 / 731.