AIR FORCE ONE Boeing VC-25
One of the best-known aircraft of the current day is Air Force One, the name given to two Boeing 747s designed to carry the US president.
The call sign 'Air Force One' can in actual fact refer to any aircraft that has the president aboard, but the term is often used synonymously for this specific pair of planes. The first dedicated presidential aircraft was a C-54 Skymaster, a long way from the two sophisticated Boeing 747-200B aircraft that have been used in the USA since 1990. These customized aircraft are known as the Boeing VC-25A, with all sorts of classified command and communication equipment installed inside. In a war scenario, the president could stay aloft and maintain secure communications with his forces and governmental apparatus. The two VC-25As are operated by the 89th Airlift Wing at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland.
Dragon has issued an exciting new 1/144 scale model kit of Air Force One. The model of this highly classified aircraft has a detailed interior, including the cabin with a layout in keeping with its specialized presidential function. This kit allows modelers to get intimately acquainted with one of the most famous aircraft in the world. Naturally, the wings, engines and fuselage are extremely well detailed. The kit even comes with special accessories such as a stair car and even a scale presidential figure. It’s not easy to see, let alone get aboard, these US presidential aircraft, but now model-makers can own their personal Air Force One!
- Detailed fuselage presented true to scale and w/correct shape
- Display stand included
- Cabin doors molded w/hollow windows
- Realistic communication room w/details
- Details of president's office represented the real one
- Cargo door can be assembled open/closed
- Guest Section and conference room included
- Full cockpit interior details - pilots' seats and instrument panel
- Intricate crew lounge reproduced
- Jet exhausts w/transparent parts authentically represented
- Clear wings w/preformed structural members visible
- Wings are correctly shaped
- Landing gear can be assembled in taxiing or folded position
- Passenger boarding stairs included
Twee uitvoeringen mogelijk;
Boeing VC-25A - US Air Force, 89 AW 82-8000.
Boeing VC-25A - US Air Force, 89 AW 82-9000.
Aantal onderdelen; 280+
Released by Dragon in 2012.